Wednesday 29 May 2013

20 May

So yesterday was one of the most stressful days I've had in a while. It started with work which seemed to get busier and busier as the day went on. Then at Church I was leading worship. This has probably been the hardest practice yet...
It started with sound-check this took about 25 mins. Then our opening song was Hosanna - I See The King. We were not getting it - or was it just them? So I was on the verge of giving up - altogether - I decided to go on and come back if we had time. This I think was one of my wisest moves all night. The other songs went with fewer hitches than I expected and we got Hosanna at the end of practice - all while making adjustments to the sound, but changing it made no difference. It went back!!!
The service was good. So glad it was over - I do feel bad about saying that.
Monday - one man down at work - it feels like more...
The biggest and most frustrating issue was this Aunty who came with a paint sample and I had to match it up. It took 15-20mins!
Then she said - go ahead just mix it. I did and while it was in the mixer I told her the price R299 and she replied - that's far to much. Just leave it - I managed to get 5L from somewhere else and it was only R199. Sorry for wasting your time. But I won't take it.
Even though you may not know me - can you picture my frustration and then after lunch telling my boss?!? (Who by the way keeps telling me that I am costing him far too much money!!)
Thats my waffle for yesterday and today.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment